DB Graphic Designs
As a kid, I always enjoyed drawing my favorite cartoon characters, spaceships, and anything that would capture my imagination. This sparked my interest in the arts and laid the foundation to my career path in graphic design.
Throughout high school I continued to challenge my creativity by creating 2D and 3D projects, such as graffiti-inspired wall art, airbrushing, wood storage units and home furniture. Later in college, I obtained a degree in industrial Design (interior space, product design, and visual design) focusing on Visual Communication.
Applying what I learned in college, I began working in the advertising and communications industry, including a stint at an Industrial Design agency (how appropriate). Throughout my career as a graphic artist, I have worked in many diverse industries. I also founded my own company, where I provided Art Direction, Professional Website Design and Marketing Services. My design skills and my knowledge of Print and Web design were greatly enhanced, allowing me to offer the very best service and techniques to my clients. This helped broaden my skill set, and expand my knowledge of Print and Web Design techniques for my clients.
All this experience gave me the advantage of being creative and the ability to problem solve quickly. Today, I can go into a new project, figure out the task at hand, and accomplish the objective with outstanding results in no time. I found learning a new business or industry was an exciting new part to the design process. Coming up with a solution to a problem that a particular business has, is very rewarding.
Whether it be Art Direction, Senior Graphic Design, or Graphic Design, having an experienced creative professional on your team that knows and cares about your business, and how to accomplish your project goals is imperative.
From start to finish, DB can take you through the processes to obtain the amazing results you need to make your business stand out above the rest.
Art Director • Senior Graphic & Digital Designer
An accomplished senior level designer with the proven ability to create exceptional branding programs and marketing materials that improve a company’s image and increase sales and revenue. Experience in diverse industry sectors, including health & tness, beauty & wellness, technology, medical, pharmaceutical, communications and advertising.
- Extensive print and digital experience
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal and technical skills
- Flexible and adaptable to project changes
Senior Graphic Designer
MHP ( Maximum Human Performance ), West Caldwell NJ
2018 – Present
As the Senior Designer/Art Director I am responsible for the creation of all design elements and marketing materials for its three National Brands (MHP, MuscleMeds, Fit&Lean) Supplements. I provide innovative solutions quickly in a fast-moving environment, with a clean and contemporary design style.
- Marketing & Design: create graphics for package design, branding, magazine ads (national publications), digital prepress, trade ads, photo retouching and product rendering, comping, logos, trade show graphics and rollups, sell sheets, promotional advertising, poster design, infographics, T-shirt design & graphics
- Digital: UX/UI layouts & design, website design layouts, digital assets, slide show banners, web banners, email graphics, virtual trade show graphics
- Social Media: Facebook and Instagram banners and graphics
Art Director/Digital Designer
Evogen, Overland Park KS
2016 – 2018
My key role was to rebrand their image into a more contemporary look and incorporate the new image and branding into their websites and online presence.
- Marketing & Design: create branding, logos, print collateral, posters, trade show graphics
- Digital: UX/UI layouts & design, web graphics, website design, WordPress maintenance
Pocket Recruiter, Parsippany NJ
2015 – 2016
Needing design and graphics from the ground up to create their branding, my design and marketing skills provided the necessary elements, on all media platforms, creating a professional look for the company to sell and market its services.
- Marketing & Design: create branding, logos, letterhead, business cards, sales aids, sell sheets, photography, PowerPoint presentations
- Digital: UX/UI layouts and storyboarding, web graphics, wireframes, email blasts, web banners, WordPress and CMS maintenance
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube banners and graphics
Art Director/Graphic Designer
Transgenomic, New Haven CT
2014 – 2016
Another Medical Testing Genomics Company, I rebranded both their Neurology and Cardiology Divisions. I gave the existing marketing materials new life and a new image by adding color and imagery. Responsibilities included:
- Marketing & Design: create brochures, catalogs, clinician and disease guides, sales aids, patient and physician brochures, fact sheets, postcards, email blasts, trade shows graphics
BioReference Laboratories, Elmwood Park NJ
2013 – 2014
As a freelance artist, I had the ability to design and produce many visually appealing projects. Responsibilities included:
- Design & Graphics: medical brochures, reports, sell sheets, photo retouching, trade show graphics
- Digital: website design, web graphics, UX/UI layouts and storyboarding
One World/PharmaDesign, Warren NJ
2012 – 2013
This pharmaceutical and product design agency needed support with print collateral and graphic design over-flow. Responsibilities included:
- Design: sales aids, product packaging, photography and retouching, 3D prototyping
Art Director/Graphic Designer/Digital Designer
DB Graphic Designs, Montville NJ
2010 – 2015
I formed this company to provide high-end print design services which included website design and hosting. My clients ranged from small to large businesses in diverse industries. Interacting directly with owners and account executives, I was able to turn their vision into reality. Responsibilities included:
- Marketing & Design: create branding, logo design, identity systems, brochures, catalogs, trade shows, promotional advertising, magazine, newspaper ads, postcard mailers, infographics, package, signage and poster design
- Digital: Hosting of CMS/Responsive websites, digital assets, web banners, UX/UI design & layout and storyboarding, direct client and programmer interaction
- Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
Communication Manager – Presperse, Somerset NJ
- Cosmetic trade magazines, world-wide product catalogs, brochures, email blasts, trade show graphics, product displays, poster design
Art Director/Graphic Designer/Digital Designer – Arctic Falls, Cedar Grove NJ
- Brochures and catalogs, sell sheets, photography, website design, CMS online ordering
Graphic Designer/Mobile Designer – Verizon Business, Basking Ridge NJ
- Graphics for mobile devices, design charts, web graphics, UX/UI
Art Director/Web Design Manager – GAF Materials Corporation, Wayne NJ
- Graphics: packaging, branding, brochures, catalogs, promotional materials, photography and retouching, Project Management
- Digital: manage company website and micro-sites. Web banners and graphics
The Ohio State University, Columbus OH
BS: Industrial Design – Major in Visual Communication – GPA 3.5
Advanced Technology Institute, Bloomfield NJ
Certificate: Internet Web Master Site Designer Program
Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Acrobat – Microsoft / Web Editing: Word, Powerpoint, HTML & CSS, WordPress, CMS backend – Artistic Abilities: Creativity, Marketing, Branding, Typography, Retouching
PRESS: About DB Graphic Designs
OurMontville.com – By Molly Smith
Artists come in all shapes and forms. From sculptors to painters, dancers to singers, creative genius comes about in many different ways. For Duane Belotti, the merging of visual and performing arts seemed natural as a graphic designer and musician—it’s design that rocks.
Duane calls himself “a chameleon of sorts… a master of all trades.” Since he graduated from college, he has been working independently as a professional graphic designer. Additionally, Duane has worked on and off as a freelance artist for the past twenty-five years, and also has experience as an art director, staff artist, web designer, and marketing consultant. When it comes to design, Duane says, “It’s visual, appealing, eye-catching —it has to be something that draws people in. You have to know how to tell the client’s story.”
Duane’s story began from a young age; he was always interested in the visual aspect of design. He continued that vision at Ohio State University where he received a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Design with a major in Visual Communications. During his schooling, the computer revolution totally changed the graphics industry. Spec types and stat machines were traded in for desktops and laptops, but Duane still applies traditional methods of design in his work, drawing out his designs by hand first before turning to technology. He considers the computer and software to be more tools in his skillset. “In doing good design, it’s not just having a good computer,” he explains. “You have to have the principles of good design in your head.”
In telling a client’s story, Duane says that the end goal is often the starting point. At a consultation, he meets with a company’s creative director, art director, product manager, owner, or general manager to understand the needs of the client. Duane then presents a couple of designs as a starting point. “Sometimes I’ll hit it out of the park on the first shot,” he says. For most clients, however, there is a lot of back and forth communication, feeding off of each other’s ideas to get to the finished product. “It’s about getting in the zone, getting the creative juices flowing,” he says. “It’s evolving—it’s part of the process.”
Duane explains that it is a slow process. Even for a simple website, it takes about four to six weeks from start to finish. During that time, trial and error is Duane’s main method of communicating with a design. However, not all errors are necessarily setbacks. His mentor calls them “lucky mistakes” that can often lead to a new idea. In the end, he says, “The finished product never looks like the original.”
As for being an entrepreneur, this facet of Duane’s career deviates from the typical artist. He explains, “Most artists don’t want to be the people to sell or generate business.” However, Duane says that his easygoing personality, resourcefulness, and sense of humor have taken his business far. He hopes to expand his client base and have more “lucky” successes, all while creating good design. “When it comes to design,” Duane says, “the satisfaction comes from doing something that someone appreciates. A lot of design is part of you.”
Printed by: www.OurMontville.com