Art Director • Senior Graphic Designer • Digital Designer
Duane Belotti Resume
An accomplished art director/senior graphic designer with the proven ability to create exceptional branding programs and marketing materials that improve a company’s image and increase sales. Experience in diverse industries, including health & tness, beauty & wellness, technology, medical, and pharmaceutical.
- Extensive print and digital experience
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal and technical skills
- Flexible and adaptable to project changes
Art Director/Senior Graphic Designer
DB Graphic Designs – advertising & marketing
2022 – Present
Providing consulting services for companies in need of high-end Print and Digital design, responsive website design and maintenance, and website hosting services.
- Marketing & Design: create branding, package design, trade show graphics, advertising, infographics
- Digital: UX/UI design, website design, digital assets, web banners
- Social Media: banners and post graphics for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
Senior Graphic Designer
MHP (Maximum Human Performance) – health & wellness
West Caldwell NJ
2018 – 2022
As the Senior Designer/Art Director I was responsible for the creation of all design and marketing materials. Providing innovative solutions in a fast-moving environment, with a clean contemporary design style.
- Package Design: responsible for all packaging, graphics, and branding consistency for its 3 National Supplement Brands (MHP, MuscleMeds, Fit&Lean), which included over 50 different products
- Marketing & Design: branding, magazine and trade ads, digital prepress, photo retouching and product rendering, logos, trade show graphics, sell sheets, advertising, poster design, infographics, T-shirt design
- Digital: UX/UI design, website design, digital assets, slide show and web banners, email graphics
- Social Media: banners and post graphics for Facebook and Instagram
Art Director/Digital Designer
Evogen – medical testing genomics
Overland Park KS
2016 – 2018
My key role was to rebrand their image into a more contemporary look and incorporate the new image and branding into their websites and online presence.
- Marketing & Design: create branding, logos, print collateral, posters, trade show graphics
- Digital: UX/UI design, website design and graphics, WordPress maintenance
Pocket Recruiter – candidate tech recruiting
2015 – 2016
Create all branding, my design and marketing skills provided the necessary elements, on all media platforms, creating a professional look for the company to sell and market it’s service to investors.
- Marketing & Design: branding, logos, sales aids, sell sheets, photography, PowerPoint presentations
- Digital: UX/UI design, wireframes, web graphics & banners, email blasts, WordPress & CMS maintenance
- Social Media: banners and post graphics for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
Art Director/Graphic Designer
Transgenomic – medical testing genomics
New Haven CT
2014 – 2016
Rebranded all marketing materials for both their Neurology and Cardiology Divisions.
- Marketing & create brochures, catalogs, clinician guides, sales aids, trade shows graphics
BioReference Laboratories – lab diagnostic services
Elmwood Park NJ
2013 – 2014
Working in both and print & digital media, I designed many visually appealing projects.
- Design & Graphics: medical brochures, reports, sell sheets, photo retouching, trade show graphics
- Digital: UX/UI design and storyboarding, website design, web graphics
One World/PharmaDesign – pharmaceutical
2012 – 2013
A specialized product design agency, I worked on their print collateral and graphic design.
- Design: sales aids, product packaging, photography and retouching, 3D prototyping
Art Director/Graphic & Digital Designer
DB Graphic Designs – marketing, advertising & consulting
2012 – 2015
Provided print & digital design services which included website design and hosting. Clients ranged from small to large businesses in many diverse industries. Interacted directly with owners and account executives to turn their marketing visions into reality.
- Marketing & Design: create branding, logo design, identity systems, brochures, catalogs, trade shows, promotional advertising, magazine & newspaper ads, infographics, package, signage and poster design
- Digital: UX/UI design and storyboarding, Hosting of CMS/Responsive websites, digital assets, web banners, direct client and programmer interaction
- Social Media: banners and post graphics for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
Presperse – cosmetics
- Trade magazines & brochures, product catalogs & displays, email blasts, trade show graphics, poster design.
Web Design Manager
GAF Materials Corporation – roofing manufacturer
- Graphic design, packaging, photography & retouching, web design, content management, marketing liaison.
Art Director/Web Designer
Arctic Falls – water & coffee supplier
- Design brochures and catalogs, website design and graphics, CMS for online ordering, product photography.
Verizon Business – technology
- Cell phone interface graphics, presentation infographics, web graphics and UI design.
Reeves International – toy collectibles
- Graphic & package design, comp package creation, logo design, promotional posters and advertising.
Lucent Technologies – technology
- Graphic design, interior and trade show graphics, promotional advertising and signage, web design.
Entertainment & Production Coordinator
Montville 4th of July Organization – non-profit organization
2022 – Present
- Event & Music Production: scheduling of event timelines, contracting sound and support vendors, coordinating and booking of talent/live band entertainment, MC and stage manager duties
- Marketing & Design: create branding, magazine ads, yer handouts, large vinyl banner signage
- Social Media: Facebook banners and graphics
The Ohio State University, Columbus OH
BS: Industrial Design – Major in Visual Communication – GPA 3.5
Advanced Technology Institute, Bloomfield NJ
Certificate: Internet Web Master Site Designer Program
Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Acrobat – Microsoft / Web Editing: Word, Powerpoint, HTML & CSS, WordPress, CMS backend – Artistic Abilities: Creativity, Marketing, Branding, Typography, Retouching
PRESS: About DB Graphic Designs
OurMontville.com – By Molly Smith
Artists come in all shapes and forms. From sculptors to painters, dancers to singers, creative genius comes about in many different ways. For Duane Belotti, the merging of visual and performing arts seemed natural as a graphic designer and musician—it’s design that rocks.
Duane calls himself “a chameleon of sorts… a master of all trades.” Since he graduated from college, he has been working independently as a professional graphic designer. Additionally, Duane has worked on and off as a freelance artist for the past twenty-five years, and also has experience as an art director, staff artist, web designer, and marketing consultant. When it comes to design, Duane says, “It’s visual, appealing, eye-catching —it has to be something that draws people in. You have to know how to tell the client’s story.”
Duane’s story began from a young age; he was always interested in the visual aspect of design. He continued that vision at Ohio State University where he received a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Design with a major in Visual Communications. During his schooling, the computer revolution totally changed the graphics industry. Spec types and stat machines were traded in for desktops and laptops, but Duane still applies traditional methods of design in his work, drawing out his designs by hand first before turning to technology. He considers the computer and software to be more tools in his skillset. “In doing good design, it’s not just having a good computer,” he explains. “You have to have the principles of good design in your head.”
In telling a client’s story, Duane says that the end goal is often the starting point. At a consultation, he meets with a company’s creative director, art director, product manager, owner, or general manager to understand the needs of the client. Duane then presents a couple of designs as a starting point. “Sometimes I’ll hit it out of the park on the first shot,” he says. For most clients, however, there is a lot of back and forth communication, feeding off of each other’s ideas to get to the finished product. “It’s about getting in the zone, getting the creative juices flowing,” he says. “It’s evolving—it’s part of the process.”
Duane explains that it is a slow process. Even for a simple website, it takes about four to six weeks from start to finish. During that time, trial and error is Duane’s main method of communicating a design with a Client. However, not all errors are necessarily setbacks. His friend and mentor Fred Hausman, called them “lucky accidents”. Unexpected design choices that can often lead to a new idea or direction. In the end, he says, “The finished product never looks like the original.”
As for being an entrepreneur, this facet of Duane’s career deviates from the typical artist. He explains, “Most artists don’t want to be the people to sell or generate business.” However, Duane says that his easygoing personality, resourcefulness, and sense of humor have taken his business far. He hopes to expand his client base and have more “lucky” successes, all while creating good design. “When it comes to design,” Duane says, “the satisfaction comes from doing something that someone appreciates. A lot of design is part of you.”
Printed by: www.OurMontville.com
The Making of DB Graphic Designs
By Duane Belotti
As a kid, I always enjoyed drawing my favorite cartoon characters, spaceships, and anything that would capture my imagination. This sparked my interest in the arts and laid the foundation to my career path in graphic design.
Throughout high school I continued to challenge my creativity by creating 2D and 3D projects, such as graffiti-inspired wall art, airbrushing, wood storage units and home furniture. Later in college, I obtained a degree in industrial Design (interior space, product design, and visual design) focusing on Visual Communication.
Applying what I learned in college, I began working in the advertising and communications industry, including a stint at an Industrial Design agency (how appropriate). Throughout my career as a graphic artist, I have worked in many diverse industries. I also founded my own company, where I provided Art Direction, Professional Website Design and Marketing Services. My design skills and my knowledge of Print and Web design were greatly enhanced, allowing me to offer the very best service and techniques to my clients. This helped broaden my skill set, and expand my knowledge of Print and Web Design techniques for my clients.
All this experience gave me the advantage of being creative and the ability to problem solve quickly. Today, I can go into a new project, figure out the task at hand, and accomplish the objective with outstanding results in no time. I found learning a new business or industry was an exciting new part to the design process. Coming up with a solution to a problem that a particular business has, is very rewarding.
Whether it be Art Direction, Senior Graphic Design, or Graphic Design, having an experienced creative professional on your team that knows and cares about your business, and how to accomplish your project goals is imperative.
From start to finish, DB can take you through the processes to obtain the amazing results you need to make your business stand out above the rest.